Gooey baked brie topped with a delicious brown sugar and maple syrup candied bacon.
- 8 ounce brie round
- 1/2 pound Farmland Double Smoked Bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (check asian aisle)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, add diced bacon. Cook for 10-15 minutes until just barely crispy, stirring frequently.
- Drain grease from skillet. Return bacon to hot skillet, add brown sugar, rice viengar, maple syrup, black pepper and cayenne. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until bubbly.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, then lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- Add brie to baking tray, then top with candied bacon mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until brie is gooey inside.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before digging in. Use a dull knife to cut into brie, bacon candy will be hard and crunchy. If you want the bacon topping to be soft, add it to the brie AFTER its been baked.
- Serving Size: 6