Santa won’t ever skip your house if you leave him this Candied Bacon Baked Brie!
When I started this blog, I knew I wanted to use it to help my community. I work full-time, so my time spent on the blog solidly fits in the category of “a fun hobby that pays me a little bit.” I wanted to use that “little bit” to do some good. I thought, if I can share fun recipes like this Candied Bacon Baked Brie, and it helps me give back to the community I love, why wouldn’t I do it? Kansas City has been so good to me, providing this small-town girl with big-city dreams a super rewarding career, lots to do, and wonderful community to raise my son. I feel like I owe this community so much, for giving me a life that I could only imagine growing up. When I was asked to create this post to promote the #BaconForSanta giving campaign, which also benefits Harvesters here in Kansas City, I seriously jumped for joy. Sometimes, the stars align!
A few years ago, I volunteered with a local organization and got to spend time helping kids here in Kansas City that didn’t have enough to eat. This was before I was a parent, and even then, I understood the disadvantage that these kids were facing. When you come to school hungry because there isn’t enough to eat at home, you can’t focus. It’s a basic need, and the fact that children in my own town are hungry while I always have enough felt incredibly unfair. So, I decided that each year I would donate a portion of the blog’s profits to Harvesters, our local food bank that does absolutely incredibly work for children and families in our community.
Bacon Recipes for Santa!
Candied Bacon Baked Brie: Scroll below to see the recipe. Santa will go nuts for this ooey gooey and EASY brie, topped with Candied Bacon, which is a REAL thing! 🙂
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts: My ALL-TIME favorite appetizer! Santa will definitely ask for the recipe.
Mini Egg Muffins with Bacon: Towards those early morning hours, Santa will surely start craving breakfast. These easy mini muffins will do just the trick!
Here’s What I’m Leaving For Santa
- 8 ounce brie round
- 1/2 pound Farmland Double Smoked Bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (check asian aisle)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, add diced bacon. Cook for 10-15 minutes until just barely crispy, stirring frequently.
- Drain grease from skillet. Return bacon to hot skillet, add brown sugar, rice viengar, maple syrup, black pepper and cayenne. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until bubbly.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, then lightly spray foil with cooking spray.
- Add brie to baking tray, then top with candied bacon mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until brie is gooey inside.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before digging in. Use a dull knife to cut into brie, bacon candy will be hard and crunchy. If you want the bacon topping to be soft, add it to the brie AFTER its been baked.