- 6 tbsp olive oil (or use bacon/duck fat)
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, halved (I used half purple/blue variety and half blonde)
- 1 large shallot, sliced into long and thin pieces
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- chives, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place oil in roasting pan, then place in oven to get it heated up.
- Place large pan on stove. Add potatoes, and then enough water to barely cover the potatoes. Add a splash of vinegar and a sprinkle of salt, and turn the burner to high.
- Watch the potatoes carefully. When the water starts to boil (about 10 minutes), turn the heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Sprinkle flour, and a dash of salt and pepper over potatoes, then stir roughly with a fork.
- Remove pan with oil from oven carefully. To pan, carefully sprinkle shallots, then add potatoes. The pan and oil will be hot, and they will sizzle on contact. Careful, careful, careful!
- Return pan to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove carefully, flip potatoes to other side, and return to oven for another 15 minutes.