This old fashioned Southern treat will be the star of your holiday table. We love this easy Cranberry Buttermilk Pie!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, add eggs. Beat until they start to froth.
- Add butter, sugar and flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice, nutmeg and cranberries. Place in microwave for two minutes on high heat, stir vigorously, then add to pie crust.
- Lightly sprinkle top of pie with cinnamon (cinnamon/sugar mix is also great).
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until the center is firm. A good way to test is to gently shake the pie and see if the middle wiggles at all.
- You will need to use crust covers for the first 30 minutes or so to keep the crust from burning. I make my own with aluminum foil, or you can find them in most stores.
- PLEASE do not skip the microwave step! It’s crucial to getting the pie to “set” in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, you’ll have bake the full 60 minutes, and your crusts will likely burn.
- Serving Size: 8