You’ll be asked for this cream cheese corn casserole recipe every time you bring it: sweet corn with cream cheese, chile peppers and spices make a super side dish!
- 3 cans of corn, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces canned green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped very fine
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp old bay or cajun/creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- additional shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add corn, cream cheese and green chiles. Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir, adding in onion, garlic powder, seasoning, salt, pepper, sugar and cheese, and stirring thoroughly.
- Spray a 9×9” baking pan with cooking oil, then add corn and cream cheese mixture to pan. Sprinkle with additional cheese to taste.
- Bake for one hour, serve.