You’ll be the hero of your next tailgate for bringing this easy yet decadent bite-sized dessert! Only three ingredients needed.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 16 ounces Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Cherry
- 2 jars maraschino cherries
For the cake bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 12 ounces of Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Cherry and the cake mix. Stir well, until there is no dry cake mix left.
- Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each cavity of a mini muffin pan. Mini muffin pans typically have 24 cavities in each pan.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until the top of each cake bite is firm.
- Press one maraschino cherry into each cake bite while it is still warm.
For the glaze
- In a small sauce pan, add 4 ounces of Dr Pepper and 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice from the jar. Bring to a simmer, and reduce for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Drizzle glaze over finished cake bites, and serve.
- Serving Size: 24