These meaty braised country-style pork ribs have so much savory flavor and are fall off the bone tender!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-2.5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 12 ounces beer
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, add olive oil. Heat on medium high heat.
- Pat pork ribs dry with paper towel, then rub them with dry mustard, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Add ribs to dutch oven, allow to sear in oil for about 3 minutes each side. Do not move them around once they’re placed, allow them to sear in the same spot for the 3-4 minutes, THEN they should turn easily. Sear each side of the rib for 3 minutes.
- Remove ribs from dutch oven and place on a plate to rest.
- Add celery, onion, and carrot. Saute for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened and browned. Stir frequently, scraping up any bits of pork or oil stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Return the pork ribs to the pan, then add beer, chicken stock and whole grain mustard to the pot. Stir lightly to combine. Place pot in oven, uncovered, and bake at 275F for 2.5 hours on middle rack.
- Serving Size: 4