Fall flavors abound in this easy, simple pork tenderloin roasted with delicious spices and a bourbon walnut glaze.
- 1 to 1.5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp white or black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the pork tenderloin dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, pepper and salt. Gently rub onto pork tenderloin.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat on medium-high for two minutes.
- Add pork loin, allowing to sear for 3-4 minutes before rotating. This should take about 12 minutes, sear each side.
- Transfer pork loin to roasting dish and place uncovered in oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- While it’s in the oven, make the glaze. Leave pork juices in skillet, but turn to low-medium heat. Add chicken broth carefully, then stir, scraping up any bits left in the pan. Allow to simmer for one minute.
- Next, add the bourbon and 1 tsp brown sugar. Turn heat to medium-high, and allow to reduce for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add walnuts.
- Serve cooked pork with bourbon glaze poured over the top.
- A larger pork loin (over 1 lbs) may need a few extra minutes of roasting in the oven.
- Serving Size: 2