Your family will love these easy chinese dish, made in the slow cooker! The sauce is a delicious sweet soy based sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Save for later (don’t add to crock)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 green onion stalks, finely diced
- Add chicken breast pieces to crockpot.
- In a small microwave safe mixing bowl, add oil, ginger, garlic, soy, water, and brown sugar. Pop in the microwave for one minute to help encourage the sugar to dissolve, then stir well.
- Add HALF of the sauce to the crockpot, stir well. Cover and cook on high for three hours, or low for six hours. Store remaining sauce in fridge.
- Add remaining sauce from fridge to large skillet. Add corn starch and turn burner to medium heat. Simmer the sauce, stirring constantly to thicken, about five minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the crockpot and stir into heated sauce. Add diced green onions, serve.
Save for later
- Serving Size: 4