This frozen cocktail is a crowd-pleaser, combining citrus juices and warm, spicy bourbon. It refreezes so well, so make a huge batch!
I can tell summer’s almost over because we’ve been busy as all get out. Last weekend I drove 6 hours, alone, with my toddler to spend some time with family and celebrate a friend’s birthday. Meanwhile, my husband hosted a bunch of guys at our house for their annual (in-person) fantasy football draft.
Honestly, I’m struggling this week on the cooking side. I didn’t have time for a proper trip to the grocery store, so I’m piecing together meals from our freezer and pantry. Both of which are overflowing, so maybe this is a good thing! Luckily, I still have a few recipes to share with you. Two weekends ago, I made this bomb cornish hen recipe, and this incredible bourbon slush. It’s rare that I make two recipes on the same day that are blog worthy, but sometimes lightening strikes twice!
I’m not really sure which season a recipe belongs to best. This bourbon slush is a recipe that was traditionally served at my family’s Christmas gatherings. But yet, it’s cold, and has a fresh and light taste, so perhaps it’s a summery drink? Give it a try, and let me know what you decide!
This frozen cocktail is easy on the palate, combining citrus juices and spice from the bourbon. It refreezes so well, so make a huge batch!
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp instant iced tea (like Lipton, powdered)
- 12 ounce can frozen orange juice
- 12 ounce can frozen lemonade
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/5 cups bourbon
- Mix together the first two ingredients.
- Add frozen orange juice, frozen lemonade, 7 more cups water, and 1 cup sugar.
- Add bourbon and mix.
- Transfer to good quality freezer bag and freezer solid (several hours)
- Remove bags from freezer about 1 hour prior to serving, allow to partially thaw. Chunk the mixture up. Serve in rocks glasses with cherries or orange slices.
- This refreezes super well!
- Serving Size: 10