Perfectly cooked crisp-tender green beans in a sweet and savory mustard and bacon glaze.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill medium saucepan with water and set to boil. Add green beans to boiling water, and boil for 5 minutes. Drain green beans in a colander and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, add bacon and onion to large skillet. I use a 12” skillet. Saute on low-medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.Add garlic, mustard and drained green beans to skillet.
- Continue to saute and stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 4