Your entire family will love this zucchini, yellow squash and prosciutto casserole baked with a simple Parmesan cream sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into rounds about 1/3 inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into rounds about 1/3rd inch thick
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into long strips
- 1/8 tsp pepper
For the sauce
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3rd cup milk (I use skim or 1%)
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 9×9 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the 9×9” baking pan, and rub around with a paper towel to coat the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Create rows in the dish, alternating zucchini slices, yellow squash slices,and a piece of prosciutto.
- Add onion slices in between the rows of squash.
- Lightly sprinkle with pepper. No need for salt, the prosciutto will provide that flavor.
- In a small sauce pan, add cream cheese and butter. Heat on low until melted through and creamy.
- To pan, add milk, garlic powder, dry mustard and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Pour cream cheese sauce over vegetables, and place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.
- Serving Size: 6