- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water, set to boil in medium sized pot
- 1 – 1/2 cups uncooked yellow rice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Optional: 1 cup corn or frozen mixed vegetables, add at the same time as tomatoes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and rice and cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Be careful that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the bouillon into boiling water.
- Add cayenne to rice and onion mixture in skillet in skillet. Pour the bouillon/boiling water mixture into the skillet. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add tomatoes. Cook over low heat, stirring until tomatoes are heated through, about three minutes.