- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
- 1;25 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup seeded and finely chopped tomato (about 1 large roma tomato)
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (about two handfuls)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (about half of a medium sized onion)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deveined, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper, for seasoning to taste
- 3 burrito sized tortillas (I like flour, but corn would work too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 3/4 cup of the lime juice and raw shrimp in a medium sized bowl. Stir, and let sit for exactly 15 minutes, no more, no less. The lime juice will cook the shrimp. If the shrimp is not completely covered, add a bit more lime juice.
- While the shrimp is cooking, combine the tomato, avocado, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno pepper and the remainder of the lime juice in a separate bowl. Toss to combine with the shrimp, and serve
For the cups
- Divide the tortillas in fourths. Place in ungreased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until tortillas are crispy and retain their curved shape.
- *Use gluten free corn tortillas to make this dish gluten free! You may prefer corn tortillas, although I think flour tortillas perform better in the oven.