Both my husband and I go to the same hair stylist. A few weeks ago, we went within one day of each other. Turns out, we both read the same People magazine while we were waiting. So when my husband came home and said “Hey Michelle, while I was getting my haircut I saw this recipe idea and I …” I got incredibly excited, interrupted him and yelled “BACON WRAPPED CORN!” And then I think we high-fived or something. It’s all a little fuzzy. Needless to say, we were sold on the idea and we planned to make it that evening. It did NOT disappoint. We’ve proceeded to make it three times in the past two weeks.
This recipe could not be easier and tastes so incredibly delicious. The bacon adds a richness to the corn, but it isn’t overwhelming or greasy! The jalapeno and herbs lightly flavor the corn,, again it’s a very mild flavor. And the bacon. Oh my GOD, the bacon! Crunchy grilled bacon is truly a treat!
This is a recipe you can certainly get creative with once you get the hang of it. I prefer cilantro, while my husband prefers basil. I like just a few jalapenos, where he likes to load it up! We both add whatever spices suit us as the time.
Ready for a delicious and easy grilled treat? Let’s do it!
First lay out four pieces of bacon for each piece of corn. The bacon should just slightly overlap. Use the corn to roll out the bacon, almost like you’re rolling out dough. Take several passes over the bacon until it’s well flattened. This will help the bacon to cook evenly and adhere to the corn. Then, add jalapenos and spices, and roll up.
Grill the corn over high heat for about 15 minutes. Every few minutes, rotate the corn 45 degrees so that the bacon cooks evenly on all sides.
Corn on the cob, wrapped in bacon and spices and grilled to perfection!
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 16 pieces of bacon
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- fresh cilantro or basil to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lay four pieces of bacon out side by side. Use the corn like a rolling pin to flatten out the bacon, which will help it cook evenly.
- Lay jalapeno slices on bacon, about a half of a jalapenos worth per ear of corn.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, and either cilantro or basil to taste.
- Roll the bacon around the corn and press the ends to help the bacon stay put.
- Repeat for the remaining ears of corn.
- Grill over high heat for 10-15 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Rotate every few minutes.
Like this recipe? Like the image to pin it!