A Whole 30 friendly, sugar free jerk salmon recipe topped with a tropical mango and pineapple salsa.
For the jerk seasoning*
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2/3 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 tsp cinnamon
For the salsa
- 1/3 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mango, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 10 ounces fresh salmon
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)*
- In a small bowl, combine mango, pineapple, cilantro, shallot and lime juice. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set in refrigerator to chill.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Set salmon filets on a well greased baking sheet, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning spices and clarified butter. Stir into a wet paste.
- Place salmon in oven for 2 minutes on the top rack.
- Remove from oven. Carefully spread the jerk seasoning paste on, and return to oven for another two minutes.
- Top with salsa and serve.
- *If you are not following the Whole 30 plan, this recipe just got a whole lot easier! Substitute 2 tbsp prepared jerk seasoning and 2 tbsp regular butter.
- Serving Size: 2