A delicious and healthy salad, combining broccoli, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, bacon, raisins and a sweet and tart dressing.
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and diced
- 3 cups raw broccoli, diced
- 3 cups raw cauliflower, diced
- 1 small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins (I prefer golden raisins, look for them in your bulk foods section)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, add broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, raisins and sunflower seeds. Stir.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, sugar and white vinegar. Stir until well combined.
- Add mayonnaise dressing to broccoli mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Keep covered in refrigerator when not serving.
- Please do not cook the brocolli or cauliflower! This is best when the main veggies were raw.
- Serving Size: 10