This Black Forest Dump Cake has TWO different types of cherry fillings. It uses a chocolate cake mix to make this a “dump and go” dessert!
I’m just not much of a baker unless it’s super simple. But dump cake ? Yeah, dump cakes are definitely my thing. Just a few ingredients and absolutely no mixing, and the end product is just as delicious as the complicated desserts you see all over Pinterest! This one is absolutely sinful. Chocolate and dark, sweet cherries. It’s the best mix of a brownie, chocolate cake, and cherry pie.
First, lightly grease a 9×13” pan. Then, add the two cans of cherry pie filling. I chose one standard cherry flavor, and one dark and sweet cherry flavor. I LOVE the darker sweet cherry filling, but it’s a bit much by itself. The standard, bright red tart cherry filling really helps to temper it.
Next, layer a box of chocolate cake mix over the cherry pie filling. Then, the pats of butter.
Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the top is bubbly. Using a wide, flat spatula will help you cut and scoop slices out. It is very, very gooey (that’s a good thing!)
- 16 ounces cherry pie filling
- 16 ounces dark sweet cherry pie filling
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 12 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13'' pan.
- Add both cans of cherry pie filling to the pan and smooth out.
- Then, layer in chocolate cake mix over the cherry pie filling. Do not stir.
- Cut butter into tablespoon size, 12 total. Lay out evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake until the top is bubbly, 30-40 minutes.