Healthy and flavorful Thai-style chicken lettuce wraps flavored with lime, cilantro, sriracha and other spices.
- 4 heaping tbsp basmati rice
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 limes
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- 10 sprigs of cilantro, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1 tsp sriracha (or 1 tsp sambal oelek)
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into large pieces
- Sriracha, cilantro, and lime wedges for topping
- Heat large skillet on medium-high for several minutes. Lower the heat to low-medium, then add the rice. Do not grease the pan.
- Stir constantly until rice is toasted and brown, about five minutes. You will see the rice between to “pop” and release a nutty aroma, almost like popcorn.
- Carefully pour rice into food processor, and grind until the rice is reduced into smaller pieces. The smaller, the better.
- Return skillet to stove, set to medium heat.
- Add ground chicken and juice of one lime. Do not grease pan. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and is crumbling.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add juice of 1 lime, shallot, cilantro, green onions, chili powder, and fish sauce, stir well.
- Serve chicken with iceberg lettuce, top with cilantro and sriracha if desired.
- Serving Size: 4