The perfect sweet and spicy dry rub for any grilled or smoked meat.
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 black pepper
- Optional: 2 tbsp wet mustard (think French’s)
- Mix dry ingredients together and rub on meat.
- Optional: Drizzle wet mustard on each side of the meat.
- Wrap in saran wrap and allow to marinate in fridge overnight.
- Grill or smoke to your liking. We typically do 5 hours on the smoker over pecan wood, 250 degrees.Ribs are done when they begin to peel back from bone.
Craig swears by these tips, some of which go against conventional barbecue wisdom
- Only check the smoker or grill when you need to add coals or chips to keep temperature consistent, about every 1-1.5 hours.
- Do not sop with liquid or sauce during cooking process.
- Do not wrap in aluminum foil and place in the oven to finish.
- Do not boil before you grill or smoke.