Ah, strawberry season! I am so glad it’s here. Each week, I buy a crate of them and we usually have them finished within a few days. My toddler son loves them. If he sees the container, he starts yelling “bee berries!” until we get some for him.
In the rare occasion that we don’t have them all finished, I try to find ways to use them before they go bad. This strawberry bread is a perfect way to do that, similar to how you’d make banana bread from something you’d likely throw away.
The strawberry and cinnamon compound butter is the perfect topping for this simple bread. It really helps to bring out the sweetness of the strawberries and the slight spiciness of the bread, and couldn’t be easier to put together.
Start by combining the wet ingredients; strawberries, eggs and oil.
Next combine the dry ingredients and slowly mix them into the wet. My son loved helping with this part!
Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes. My original family recipe calls for 50-60 minutes, but I feel that it makes the bread too dry.Print
Simple and perfect bread using fresh strawberries and pantry ingredients.
- For the bread:’
- 1.25 cup fresh strawberries, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- .5 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp baking soda
For the strawberry butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, finely diced
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, mix together wet ingredients (strawberries, eggs and vegetable oil).
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly, 1/4 cup at a time. Mix on a low setting between each scoop of dry ingredient until well mixed.
- Pour batter into well greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
For the butter
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and strawberries together.
- Serving Size: 8