A deliciously simple shrimp pasta with fresh tomatoes and a white wine and cream sauce.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tbsp cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta to package instructions
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp begin to turn pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside in bowl.
- To skillet, add wine, tomatoes*, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the wine is slightly reduced.
- To skillet, add heavy cream, reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer for another 3 minutes, or until the cream is bubbly and thickened.
- To skillet, add parmesan, cooked shrimp and pasta.
- Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese on top, serve.
- * You can prick tomatoes with a fork prior to adding them to the skillet to help their juices release while cooking.
- This recipe is versatile. If you have any fresh herbs on hand, add a few leaves in right before serving. Basil, parsley, thyme and rosemary are all delicious additions.
- Serving Size: 4