Herb rubbed pork tenderloin, seared and finished in the oven, then topped with a blackberry and red wine sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup blackberries, roughly crushed with fork or hands
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Rub pork tenderloin with salt, pepper and thyme, then place in skillet to sear. Sear all four sides of the tenderloin for several minutes. It will take about 12 minutes total.
- Transfer the pork to a roasting dish and place in oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the skillet to low. Leave pork juices in pan.
- Add 1 cup dry red wine to pan.
- Add blackberries and allow to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Each time you stir, mash the blackberries a bit with a fork.
- Remove pork from oven and slice. Pour blackberry wine sauce over top of pork, serve.
- Great with fresh roasted vegetables and a baked potato!
- Serving Size: 3