It’s rare that I share two dessert recipes in one week, but to be honest, it’s been one of those weeks when baked goods are a daily necessity. At least both of them incorporate fresh fruit!
When my husband and I first started to date, I was amazed at how handy he was in the kitchen. My mother-in-law has an adventurous, loving spirit and the heart of a teacher. She has just the right disposition to encourage her two young babes to learn to cook without stressing about how messy the kitchen was, or whether or not the recipe came out perfect.
My husband is kind of famous for his banana bread. He isn’t a one trick pony, but this is by far his most requested dish. I call it “famous” because it was published in a cookbook, something I won’t ever let him forget (kind of like the time he was a baby model for Osh Kosh B’Gosh, no joke). He could make this bread without referencing any recipe, he’s done it that many times.
This is not a fancy banana bread, but it’s a moist, flavorful, and consistently great recipe that your family will ask for. To my husband, and now to me and my son, it tastes like home.
Your new favorite banana bread recipe!
- 1 stick butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup milk with 1 tsp baking soda added in
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Cream with mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas, mix for 30 seconds.
- Add milk, baking soda and salt, stir.
- Add flour and baking soda. I like to add the flour in 1/3 cup increments.
- Add to greased loaf pan and bake for one hour at 325 degrees.
- Serving Size: 8