Enchiladas are my go-to dish anytime I have leftover meat. Recently, I cooked a large pork loin in the slow cooker (Perfect Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker), and I had several servings of pork left over. I used those leftovers to create two awesome dinners! The first was Adobo Pork Tacos, and the second were these awesome enchiladas!
This recipes makes enchiladas that are super fresh and flavorful. Salsa verde and avocados are combined to create a light and healthy enchilada sauce! The inner filling is rich and creamy, using sour cream as the base and several spices you already have on hand.
Don’t be overwhelmed by the long ingredient list! Most of the ingredients are used in both the filling and the sauce, and are common ingredients.
Creamy pork enchiladas, topped with a bright and flavorful green enchilada sauce made with avocados and salsa verde.
For the enchilada filling
- 2 cups pulled pork (Perfect Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/8 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 bsp diced green chiles (from can)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the enchilada sauce
- 1 avocado, cored
- 1 lime
- Several sprigs of cilantro
- 1/4 sp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 5 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican style cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the enchilada filling ingredients and stir well.
- Add the enchilada sauce ingredients to a food processor. Puree for 30 seconds, or until the ingredients are well combined.
- In a small casserole pan, spoon several spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan, spread to cover.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup of the filling mixture, roll and place in the pan.
- Cover each rolled enchilada with a spoonful of enchilada sauce, and spread across top of enchilada. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. Add chopped cilantro if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and insides are warmed through.
- Wonderful for the freezer! Double cooking time when reheating from frozen.
- Serving Size: 4