I have a group of girlfriends from high school that I’ve stayed really close with. Most of us have little ones now, and we’ve started an online chat to help support each other through the day. We’re diverse in location, but one thing that binds us together is a shared love for food.
So, when two of my girls had made this recipe, I knew I had to try it. They were raving. I had all the ingredients, but I didn’t have the time. It was Sunday afternoon, and I had to get something together for Sunday dinner. So, I took a chance and adapted this recipe into a skillet meal.
Brown chicken thighs in the skillet, then layer in therest of the ingredients. This is truly a one pan meal, and is made from incredibly inexpensive ingredients.
The results? I’ll let you try it for yourself. There wasn’t a single bite left. My husband begged to add it to the dinner rotation. Simply put, this recipe is a winner!Print
Incredibly delicious one pan skillet meal with chicken thighs, spinach, white beans and a cream cheese sauce.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage, cooked and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken thighs.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to large skillet, heat on medium high heat for one minute.
- Add chicken thighs to skillet and sear for 7 minutes. Flip and brown the other side for 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and store on plate, leaving chicken drippings in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté for five minutes.
- Add white wine and chicken broth, return chicken to pan. Cover and cook for three minutes.
- Add cream cheese, stir constantly until melted.
- Add beans, mustard, sausage and spinach.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until spinach is wilted and chicken is cooked through.
- Serving Size: 4