Moscow Mules are my favorite cocktail. Lucky for me, they’re experiencing a resurgence in popularity, and are gracing the menus of hipster cocktail bars and chain restaurants alike! I’ve mastered making them at home, thanks to my lovely sister-in-law, who bought me copper mugs for Christmas. Aren’t they pretty?
Now, you don’t have to serve these in copper mugs. But I swear, the cocktail is elevated when you do! It keeps the cocktail so cold, and just makes it seem more official and festive, you know? I have also seen these served in standard cocktail glasses or even martini glasses.
To me, the lime in a classic Moscow Mule is a perfect companion for cherry. I grew up drinking jumbo sized Cherry Limeades at Sonic Drive-In after school. When I added cherry into my favorite cocktail, magic happened in the form of these Cherry Limeade Moscow Mules.
Mix ginger beer, lime juice, Tito’s Vodka, and cherry juice to make the most delicious cocktail! Serve with cherries and lime wedges to garnish.
- 8 oz of ginger beer. I used Stoli brand, but I also like Gosling's.*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp juice from maraschino cherries jar
- 1 shot/jigger of vodka**
- *Combine ingredients in copper mug or low ball glass. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
- * I used Stoli brand, but I also like Gosling's.
- ** I used Tito's, my favorite! A shot is 1.5 ounces.