Perfectly roasted brussels sprouts, mixed with salty bacon, sweet onions, and caramelized balsamic vinegar.
- 16 ounces of brussel sprouts, trimmed and cleaned
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean and trim brussels sprouts. I typically remove the outer leaves, and cut off the stem. Halve them and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Add chopped, uncooked bacon and diced onions to baking sheet, stirring to mix in with brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast cut-side down for 25 minutes, until caramelized. Shake pan occasionally during roasting process.
- Serving Size: 4