It’s not right just how EASY this Baked Brie with Honey, Candied Pecans and Cranberries appetizer is. So very easy, and very inexpensive.
Baked cheese is such a simple, elegant appetizer. Through the holiday season you can find a small wheel of brie at Aldi for $2.99. I typically buy several of these at this time so I can bring baked cheese to holiday parties. Having these on hand is a godsend when you are short on time during the busy holiday season. Baked brie with honey? Sign me up.
The toppings I use vary, but this is my favorite, hands down. The candied pecans are perfectly paired with the tart cranberries and sweet honey. The cranberries add a vibrant color to the golden pecans. If you don’t have time to candy the pecans, use plain pecans, and add extra honey. Walnuts are also an adequate substitute.
I typically use a ceramic baking dish to house the cheese while it bakes. In the unlikely event that the brie rind cracks and opens, the gooey cheese will be kept from spilling into the oven.
Once topped, the cheese should bake in the oven for just under thirty minutes. After the cheese has baked, allow it to cool for several minutes before transferring to a serving platter. A small butter or cheese knife should accompany the dish, allowing you to slice into the cheese and scoop the decadent brie into crackers or crudités.
I hope that you enjoy this quick, simple and elegant appetizer!Print
A beautifully simple appetizer. Baked cheese wheel with honey, candied pecans, and cranberries.
- 1 wheel of brie cheese
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of Easy Candied Pecans (link to recipe in notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brie in a baking dish. Pile cranberries and pecans on brie, then drizzle honey to taste.
- Place the brie in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into the cheese.
- Easy Candied Pecan Recipe: http://blackberrybabe.com/2015/03/25/easy-candied-pecans/